6 December 2018
Resource orders over the Christmas break
The last opportunity to place resource orders for dispatch before Christmas is 12:00noon on Wednesday 19 December 2018. Any orders received after this will be processed on or after Monday 7 January 2019.
Please not that as previously advised a small price increase of 2% will take effect for all orders placed after12:00pm Wednesday 19 December 2018.
1 November 2018
Class 1 Pilot and Class 2 Pilot
The resource material for US1768 - Class 2 Pilot and US23892 - Class 1 Pilot have been updated. You may continue to use the current resource.
9 October 2018
Unit Standard 14511 - Demonstrate knowledge required by driver educators of road transport legislation
The resource material for US14511 has changed to align with current legislation and to use scenario based questioning. Scenario based questions allow the question to be based around actual situations, enabling the trainee to apply their knowledge and demonstrate competency around a specific situation. The previous resources will continue to be assessable until the end of the year, however, from 01 January 2019 the assessment material for Unit Standard 14511 must be the September 2018 version.
2 July 2018
Dangerous Goods Study Guide
The Dangerous Goods Handbook has been updated and is now titled the Dangerous Goods Study Guide. You will notice this new title when ordering online.
20 June 2018
Delivery of resource orders
Delivery arrangements are now in place with pick, pack and despatch of resources now managed by our external printer. We expect orders to be processed and despatched within 5 days of receipt of your order. All resources are subject to availability and we cannot always guarantee availability at the time of purchase. If a product you have ordered is unavailable we will notify you by email and advise you of the expected delivery date.
Thank you for you support as we have transitioned to our new delivery arrangements.
12 April 2018
Delivery delays due to closure of MITO's National Office
Please note that MITO's National Office in Wellington has been closed until further notice due to engineering advice regarding its safety.
This will mean that there will be delays in the delivery of resouirce orders. We are working on alternative delivery arrangements and expect this will take a few days to implement.
We will let you know as soon as possible once the resource deliveries are back on track.
26 September 2017
Unit Standard 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, worktime and driver logbook requirements
The resource material for US24089 has changed due to recent legislative changes regarding the P Endorsement. You may continue to use the current resource, however you will need to download and include the information below with the learner resources. The changes are mainly terminology based so will not affect the final outcome.
These changes come in affect from 1 October 2017.
US24089 Update Notice: This must be downloaded and included with learner resources with a version date prior to 1 October 2017. Assessors will also need to be familiar with the contents of this notice.
8 September 2017
Resource Updates: Expiring unit standards
There are a number of unit standards or versions of unit standards that will expire on 31 December 2017. All assessments on the unit standard versions identified must be completed before this date. After the expiry date has passed, you will not be able to report credits for the unit standard. Please click on the link below that relates to the area that you are assessing in.
Note that some unit standards listed are only available to learners with a signed MITO Training Agreement. If you have any queries about the unit standards listed, please contact email@example.com
Please click on the link below to get the information specific to your industry:
- Customer service and business skills
- Distribution and logistics
- Driving and transport
- Extractive industries management
- Protective coating and resource recovery
- Surface extraction
- Underground extraction
16 AUGUST 2017
NZTA Advice: P Endorsement
A new legislative change will mean that the P Endorsement course will no longer be a requirement for obtaining a P Endorsement on a licence as of 1 October 2017.
You will need to be mindful of this change when ordering resources for US17579 from MITO to ensure you manage your stock levels for courses prior to 1 October 2017. As per our terms and conditions MITO will not issue refunds for any unused stock. We will stop accepting orders for this material from 18 September 2017.
NOTE: These resources are no longer for sale.
5 May 2017
NZTA Advice: Unit Standard 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, worktime and driver logbook requirements
NZTA have released a Course Provider Memo regarding the changes to logbook retention. This can be found here.
13 April 2017
Update: Unit Standard 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, worktime and driver logbook requirements
The requirement for the period that a driver must keep a log book for has changed. This has required a change to the Trainer Guide, Marking Guide and the Study Guide for the above unit standard. Details of the changes can be found here.
22 December 2016
Update: Class 3/5 Appendices Booklet
The semi-trailer diagram at the top of page 23 of the Class 3/5 Appendices booklet has been updated as it included an incorrect measurement. The total length measurement is 19m, previously this was 18m.
An updated booklet can be downloaded from the 'Download our Resources' section.
20 December 2016
Update: Changes to NZTA Learning and Assessment Resources: Using Existing Stock
As previously advised, there have been changes to the Vehicle Dimension and Mass (VDAM) Rule that has affected the Class 2, 3, 4, and 5 resources. We have been working with NZTA on a solution that will allow you to continue to use your current supply of resources until they are depleted. Any solution also needs to be easily understood by learners.
There have only been a small number of changes to the resources directly related to the VDAM rule and all of the documents referred to below can be downloaded from the ‘Download our Resources’ section when logged into the MITO Resources Portal. Please note that these changes are only effective from 1 February 2017 when using up your current resources stock.
• VDAM Summary of Changes: This document has a table that shows the resources for each class of licence affected by the changes. It also outlines the specific changes to each resource, including assessments and marking guides. You will need to update any assessments prior to giving them to learners to complete. Please also make sure that you update your copy of any marking guides with the corrected answers.
• Class 2/4 Appendices: This booklet must be downloaded, printed and given to each leaner if you are continuing to issue pre 1 February 2017 Class 2/4 Study Guides.
• Class 3/5 Appendices: This booklet must be downloaded, printed and given to each leaner if you are continuing to issue pre 1 February 2017 Class 3/5 Study Guides. Please note that there is also a small change to page 49 of the study guide that will need to be communicated to learners.
Should you have any questions regarding the contents or use of the documents provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 December 2016
Update: Changes to NZTA Learning and Assessment Resources
A table identifying what MITO driver licence resources are impacted by the VDAM rule changes can be found here.
08 December 2016
MITO Fee Changes 2017
We would like to advise that as of 1 January 2017 MITO’s fees will increase:
- An increase of 10% will be applied to 2017 independent driver licensing assessor registration fees, taking them from $300 to $330 (excluding GST)
- An increase of 10% will be applied to 2017 credit assessment fees, taking them from $5.50 to $6.00 (excluding GST)
- An increase of 2% will be applied to NZTA driver licensing and endorsement training and assessment resources.
The price increase will be effective for all new orders of the updated VDAM resources to be delivered in 2017.
25 November 2016
Changes to NZTA Learning and Assessment Resources
A list of resources affected by the VDAM rule change can be found here
The impact of the Vehicle Dimensions and Mass (VDAM) rule changes means that MITO driver licence resources aligned to these rule changes will need to be updated.
MITO will have these resources updated, approved by NZTA and available by 1 February 2017 which is when the new rule comes into force.
MITO's current resources must be used for assessments carried out prior to 1 February 2017. From this date only the new, updated resources can be used.
The new, updated resources will be available for distribution on 23 January 2017 and can only be used from 1 February 2017. New resources can be pre-ordered by selecting items with 'VDAM updated. For use from 1 February 2017' in the name.
All final orders for the current resources will need to be received through the website by 9 December 2016. MITO will not be printing any of the current resources beyond this date.
We advise all NZTA Approved Course Providers to be aware of the rule change, particularly when you are ordering resources from MITO, to ensure you are managing your stock levels up until the end of January.
14 March 2016
Class 2 (US 17574v5) and Class 4 (US 17576v5) assessment material updated: February 2016
The Assessment material for Class 2 and Class 4 has been updated in response to moderation feedback.
Question 8 of the Class 2 (17574) material and question 9 of the Class 4 (17576) have been amended.
The changes are:
- the diagram of the vehicle was updated to look more like a rigid vehicle
- the question was split into three parts to ensure that learners would provide an answer to cover all the aspects required.
The new material still relates to version 5 of the unit standard. The footer has been updated to show the material was produced on February 2016.
The updated marking guide pages are available from the Download Our Resources section. (Click the link in the left-hand Assessors Secure Area menu, available after you have logged in.)
You can use up any existing stock of the assessment material dated April 2014. All newly ordered assessment material will have the updated question.
02 December 2015
MITO Fee Changes 2016
We would like to advise that as of 1 January 2016 MITO’s fee for casual assessments will increase from $5 to $5.50 (excluding GST); and the fees for online resources will increase by 5%.
4 May 2015
P Endorsement (Unit Standard 17579)
P Endorsement course material has been updated as a result of changes to clause 4.11 of the Land Transport Rule: Operator Licensing 2007 (as amended by the Land Transport Rule: Operator Licensing Amendment 2014).
Under this clause, a taxi meter is only required to be sealed if the NZ Transport Agency (or a person authorised by the NZ Transport Agency) determines that a seal is necessary to protect the meter from interference.
Note: You can still use course material dated April 2014 in the footer.
Changes to the course material are as follows:
- Assessment: Q 24(6) on page 23 and Q 28(3) on page 25.
- Marking Guide: Q 24(6) on page 18 and Q 28(3) on page 20. The revised pages will be available from the Download Our Resources section.
- Study Guide: ‘Taxi meters’ on page 82 and 87 and the ‘Meter’ section of the diagram on page 87.
- Trainer Guide: model answer for Activity 8C on page 50. The revised page will be available from the Download Our Resources section.
11 October 2014
Fatigue Management, Work Time and Logbooks (Unit Standard 24089)
Marking Guide pages 9 and 10 updated.
These pages are available from the Download Our Resources section. (Click the link in the left-hand Assessors Secure Area menu, available after you have logged in.)
As a result of course provider feedback, the answers to Questions 11(b) and 11(f) have been amended to include the colour of the logbook pages as acceptable answers. This aligns the answers with the information presented in the Study Guide and Trainee Activity Booklet. Specifically:
11(b) Record or employer or yellow (copy)
11(f) Enforce or pink (copy)
The judgement statement for Question 11 has also been amended to reflect that all of the above are acceptable answers.
9 October 2014
Fatigue Management, Work Time and Logbooks (Unit Standard 24089)
Revised Assessment released. (Note: You may continue to use Assessments with ‘April 2014’ in the footer.)
- The format of Assessment Activity 1 Questions 11(c), 11(e) and 12 has been amended as a result of course provider feedback. The correct answers remain the same.
- Extra blank logbook pages have been added for Assessment Activity 2.
- Blank logbook pages (general use and taxi) are now available from the Download Our Resources section. (Click the link in the left-hand Assessors Secure Area menu, available after you have logged in.) These can be downloaded and printed for candidates to use in the following two situations:
- If they make a mistake and need extra pages to complete Logbook Assessment Activity 2.
- If they successfully completed the Logbook Assessment more than 12 months ago (as part of another approved driver licensing course) and need to complete a logbook scenario under clause 3.2(b)(ii) of the NZ Transport Agency Statement of Approval Conditions to demonstrate they have retained the required skills and knowledge.